By clicking on the titles, further information (usually abstracts) from each paper may be viewed. In some cases, the full paper will be available for download from the PubMed site, sometimes at no cost and sometimes for a fee paid to the publisher.
1. Harris WS. The omega-3 index as a risk factor for coronary heart disease. The omega-3 index as a risk factor for coronary heart disease. Am J Clin Nutr 2008;87(suppl):1997S-2002S.
2. Farzaneh-Far1 R, Lin J, Epel ES, Harris WS, Blackburn EH, Whooley MA. Association of marine omega-3 fatty acid levels with telomeric aging in patients with coronary heart disease. JAMA 2010;303(3):250-257.
3. Harris WS. The Omega-3 Index: Clinical Utility for Therapeutic Intervention. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2010 (Sept). 12:503–508.
All of Dr. Harris’s pubications can be accessed by going to PubMed and typing “harris ws omega-3 fish oil” in the “Search for” field.
1. Including the HS-Omega-3 Index test (and the full fatty acid profile) in clinical research projects
2. The accuracy and precision of the HS-Omega-3 Index